COVID-19 Has Changed Everything — An Executive Summary of EMA's Report: The Next Normal: How K–12 Independent Schools Can Survive and Thrive in a New Landscape
You have a lot to be proud of.
As schools continue to face the many challenges brought on by COVID-19, everyone is doing exceptional work finding new and creative ways to innovate their programs, tools, communications, and so much more.
McKinsey & Company recently produced a groundbreaking report, How Should US Higher Education Plan for an Uncertain Future?, that categorizes our uncertain COVID-19 future into three major scenarios:
- Rapid and effective control: virus contained
- Effective response but (regional) virus resurgence: virus recurrence
- Broad failure of public health interventions: pandemic escalation
The Enrollment Management Association (EMA) took inspiration from their work and developed, The Next Normal: How K–12 Independent Schools Can Survive and Thrive in a New Landscape, to help guide you through the same three scenarios.
Our report includes implications for:
- Tuition, Pricing, and Business Model: Chad Tew, LearnCollab
- Enrollment: Colby Morgan, EMA
- Financial Aid: Kristen Power, EMA
- Access and Inclusion: Derrick Gay, Derrick Gay LLC
- Financial Sustainability: Ari Betof, Organizational Sustainability Consulting
- Social and Emotional Health: Laura Tierney, The Social Institute
- Advancement: Ann Snyder, Council for Advancement and Support of Education
We hope this report provides guidance and inspiration for your school to prepare for the future.