Families want schools to have a more complete picture of their student during the admissions process. Enrollment professionals want a more consistent way to understand the whole applicant.
The Character Skills Snapshot is an innovative online tool that gives admission offices a standardized way to assess seven essential character skills of students seeking entrance to grades 6–12.
To learn how the assessment works, explore how to integrate it into your process, and take a trial assessment yourself, sign up for The Character Skills Snapshot course.
You'll earn a certificate for the completion of this course!
The course content includes:
- How to Use This Course
- Introduction to Why Character Matters
- Why Character Matters
- Why Character Matters at My School
- What is Our New Normal? COVID as an Opportunity to Build Resilience
- Report from Harvard on the Importance of Character in College Admissions
- What is The Character Skills Snapshot & How To Use It
- What is The Character Skills Snapshot?
- How To Use The Character Skills Snapshot
- Live Bootcamp Recording
- Sample Structured Interview Questions Aligned to Character Skills
- 10 Things Every School Leader Needs to Know About The Character Skills Snapshot
- The Snapshot at Crossroads School for Arts & Sciences (CA)
- The Snapshot at Lakeside School (WA)
- The Snapshot at Marist School (GA)
- How Your School Can Use The Snapshot
- Validity & Reliability Report
- How to use The Character Skills Snapshot (Slides)
- Before You Take the Character Skills Snapshot
- Take the Character Skills Snapshot
- Read and Share Your Results
- How to Get Started At Your School
- Character Skills Snapshot Getting Started Checklist
- How to Set Up CSS in Your Member Access Portal
- Integrating The Character Skills Snapshot and the Standard Application Online
- Interpretive Guide for The Character Skills Snapshot
- Sample Language For Your Website
- Fair Use Guidelines
- Snapshot Mentioned in the Wall Street Journal
- Registering For the Character Skills Snapshot
- Sample Snapshot Results Report